On Saturday, May 6, St. Charles North, St. Charles East will retire number of the late Kevin White during a special ceremony.
The impact that the late Kevin White of St. Charles has had on his community continues to reverberate there. White, who was tragically killed in an auto accident last August on Randall Road, will be honored and celebrated this weekend during a doubleheader between St. Charles North and St. Charles East at the St. Charles North Varsity Field.
The event has been organized by the teams and The Kevin White Foundation, a charitable organization founded after his death to honor his legacy and help young players grow their skills on and off the field.
Schedule of events:
- 9:50am: Ceremonial first pitch from members of Kevin’s family (Mason, Kevin’s nephew).
- 9:50am: Live rendition of the national anthem will be performed by a SCN student.
- All St. Charles North and St Charles East players and coaches will wear White’s #20 jersey during pregame of the doubleheader. Players can wear the shirt in school on Friday, May 5th.
- Following the conclusion of the first game, there will be a brief ceremony to commemorate what Kevin meant to the SCN Baseball program. The coaching staff will present a framed jersey that Kevin wore to Kevin’s family.
- The Foundation will host a cookout in between games for both teams.
The event is open to the public and fans and supporters are encouraged to attend.